Thursday, January 29, 2015

Week One Blog Post


This logo was on a poster in the living room of our apartment.  It's for a video game called Nier, as you can tell by the picture.  The logo itself is definitely interesting.  It's in all caps with a custom font.  The fill inside of the font has a sort of grungy texture to it, alluding to the darker nature of the game itself. 


This font is for another video game poster in my room.  I always like looking at hand done fonts, so this appeals to me.  I like the hand done, almost violent aspect of this font.  It uses all caps and variation in size to show a lack of planning with words.  Almost as if it were done by hand in a rush.


This font is on a bear crossing sign attached to my door. It's a metal sign I bought up in the mountains one year during vacation.  I thought it was pretty convincing looking, so I bought it.  The font itself is easily read, like most warning signs.  It's also bold and black, just like most crossing signs.  


This font is on a poster in my room.  It's a map of a fictional land called Skyrim.  The font itself looks hand done, giving it an old world feel.  The penmanship looks neat and carefully done, adding to the hand done feel of the compass rose on the left.  It's well spaced and relatively easy to read.  

No comments:

Post a Comment